Tuesday, April 29, 2014

First Post

I have been blogging for six years now with my US Government Teachers Blog, US History Teachers Blog and World History Teachers' Blog.   As a department chair I have developed a habit of changing what I teach to help work out the needs of our department.  That and the fact that I am finishing up my 23rd year of teaching gives me a unique perspective on all social studies' classes (except pys/soc) that have allowed me to write my blogs all these years (and the fact that people keep coming in bigger and bigger numbers).

Well this past summer I took on the task of a new online Virginia class called "Economics and Personal Finance" I continued it during the school year and now have agreed to take on AP Microeconomics/AP Macroeconomics next year.  So this new blog grew out of a request by my colleague Rich Hoppock who also is teaching AP Econ and has agreed to help on this blog.

So if you already know my blogs you know you will get three things from this blog.  1) Lots of resources for economics.  Some of them will overlap the US government site where appropriate (fiscal/monetary) but not where it is only germane to AP Econ.  2) How to integrate technology into the classroom to better educate your students in the 21st century world.  3) Since Economics and Personal Finance classes are growing in popularity across the US I will also add information pertinent to that class as well.  

No comments:

Post a Comment