Friday, September 16, 2016

Who Was Adam Smith?



I am not sure if anyone out there likes to nerd out on economics as much as I do, but some people might suggest that I have a problem. I really have enjoyed learning just about everything there is to know about pre-Adam Smith, the life and writings of Adam Smith, and finally the lasting impacts of Adam Smith. Through George Mason University, you can learn all you want and much more about the father of economics. I really like the clip above, as Smith's Theory of Moral Sentiments is discussed. I enjoy using this with students to talk about and debate what Smith wrote about as to the role of the individual and the role of government. Of course, if you are looking for information about The Wealth of Nations, you can find that at the website listed below.

Have fun Adam Smith nerds!!!!!

http://www.mruniversity.com/courses/great-economists-classical-economics-and-its-forerunners/galileo-and-theory-value

No comments:

Post a Comment