Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Debt Collections for Americans

So one of the two economics' courses I teach is Economics and Personal Finance which is a growing course in the US.  So yesterday we went over debt in class and I had the keys do an exercise where they had to add up their expenses pretending to be just out of college and I showed them how much they will have to earn not to be in debt.  Well today the WashPost has a great article on debt collections in the US showing that fully 1/3rd of us are in debt and many of us don't know it.  That's right, until you run a credit report or buy a car or house and find out you have a lien, you won't know it.  Some of the debt is as small as $125.  

1 comment:

  1. Hello, I have browsed most of your posts. This post is probably where I got the most useful information for my research. Thanks for posting, maybe we can see more on this. Are you aware of any other websites on this subject. If you need business to business debt collection visit dlrcollectionagency.com

    ReplyDelete