Friday, November 4, 2016

Economics of Daylight Savings Time


I am not sure why, but I really do not like daylight savings. Yeah, I do not like driving to work in the dark, but something about daylight savings bugs me. I envy those of you who live in states that do not mess with time! With that said, I wondered if there could be an actual reason not to like that which was a Ben Franklin idea. Here comes the Wall Street Journal. It turns out that daylight savings has a negative effect on consumer spending. The article has a ton of other economics concepts from supply and demand to GDP. It made for a fun warm up for my classes today and led to some fun debate. Enjoy

1 comment:

  1. I came to this blog and it helped me to add few new points to my knowledge. Actually, I am trying to learn new thing wherever I find. Impressive written blog and valuable information shared here. Wordpress Updating Failed

    ReplyDelete