Thursday, May 5, 2016

Big Picture with Kal Penn


I like to binge watch Netflix shows. One show that I have found that might be something I can bring an episode into my class is, "The Big Picture with Kal Penn." Students might find this interesting as they might recognize Kal Penn from shows like Scrubs, House, How I Met Your Mother, and other movies and TV shows. In one episode, the show looks at Te Iubesc, Romania, or also known as Hackerville. They look at the thigh number of hackers in that town, as well as undersea cables and how the world is connected. They use numbers to discover different aspects of human behavior. If anything else, it is very interesting.

Though there are some episodes, or even parts of episodes, that I would not show, the use of numbers and human behavior would make an economist smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment