Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Whiteboards Galore


It is the end of the school year for most and as we near that final day I take a look around my classroom to see what I can do more effectively to help students understand economics. Because I love economics and data I like to break down the amount of time I spend doing certain activities and figure out if there are trends that help students more than others. One thing I have found, the more "board" work I can give them in class, the better their grades on subjects such as supply and demand and GDP. Therefore, last year I put up homemade whiteboards all around my classroom and have them do board work almost every day. I have seen a major improvement in scores. Here is a video showing you how to make a nice board for your room.

You can also buy the board and have them cut it into 30 pieces and have individual boards. All up to you.

1 comment: