Thursday, May 29, 2014

Revising My Student Assignment

So I have a bad problem of revising my assignments on a regular basis which is one of the many reasons why I love using documents in Google Drive (since the same url can still be used).   So when the negative GDP report came out it made me think perhaps I should add a segment to my earlier assignment asking the students to tell me what fiscal or monetary policy reaction should occur, if any, regarding the article they had chosen to review.  To that end the article (or any of them out there) is so good since it twice mentions a contracting of the economy.  It also has a number of other econ terms and even though it is short would make for a thoughtful summary.  So my kids would have to 1) in a paragraph state the main points 2) define five of the econ terms in the article 3) tell me what should be the government response and WHY 4) give me a graph showing an aspect of the article.

While we are at it, Nora Huff sent me her current events assignment and rubric which you can see here if you want to see a different idea. 

No comments:

Post a Comment